Wingsss College Of Aviation Technology (WCAT)
WCAT is a widely applauded as an ideal, modern institution in the field of aviation science, and has been set up to bring about a Quantum improvement in the standards of Aircraft Maintenance. The WCAT is not only building up skill, attitude and work ethics among the students but also teaching the value of hard work for developing confidence in their ability to take care of themselves.
Globalization and liberalization and open sky policy have resulted in rapid growth in the aviation sector with the induction of new aircraft into service, new operators in to play, and many new air routes. This phenomenal growth in the aviation industry in India has resulted in developing a huge market for civil and private Airlines. This in turn, is creating a great demand for aircraft maintenance engineers for maintaining and servicing of the fleet.
Realizing the fact, the education is the only media through which technological requirements of the nation are fulfilled; founder chairman Mr. Anshul B Sharma founded the Wingsss College of Aviation Technology (WCAT) at Warje, Pune in 2006.WCAT is widely applauded as an ideal, modern institution in the field of aviation sciences, and has been set up to bring about a quantum improvement in the standards of aircraft maintenance. The WCAT is not only building up skill, attitude and work ethics among the students but also teaching the value of hard work for developing confidence in their ability to take care of themselves.
- Training partner Air India
- The instituted has a maximum number of licensed personnel as instructors from India Air force &civil airlines with the proven teaching pedagogy
- Excellent placements including foreign companies
- The only institute in western India having excellent infrastructure with five aircraft & one helicopter & several other technical equipments for practical training: 1. Fokker 27 mk500 (52 Seater Aircraft) 2. Learjet 25 d (Aircraft) 3. Cessna 152 (Aircraft) 4. Pushpak (Aircraft) 5. Helicopter (Bell-47g) 6. Jet Engine Rolls Royce Avon turbojet 7. Rolls Royce Dart turboprop 8. R-11 Engine of MIG 21 Aircraft 9. GTD-3-Turboshaft for practical.
- Guest lectures by an expert from the aviation industry
- The institute is enlisted with the International Civil Aviation Organisation (ICAO).
|Sr. No.||Course||Approved By||Duration & Eligibility|
|||Aircraft Maintenance Engineering (AME)||Director General of Civil Aviation (DGCA), Govt of India||2 years
Eligibility – Minimum 10+2 with Physics,Chemistry,Mathematics from Recognized Board/Diploma ( mechanical/electrical/electronic & communication/aeronautical ).
|||B.Sc. (Aeronautics)||University of Mumbai||Duration – 3 Years, Eligibility – HSC 10+2 of MSBHSC or equivalent of any other Government state board with minimum 45% marks in aggregate(40% for reserved category)with English, Physics & Mathematics
OR Diploma (10+3) awarded by MSBTE or equivalent.